Any form of assault is never okay.  If you have been affected by assault, then we encourage you to seek support.

Below are further support resources which you may find helpful. Glasgow Caledonian University have tailored support for those impacted by sexual assault and gender based violence, please see the Gender Based Violence section for more detailed information on support.

Getting Support

It’s important if you’ve experienced something distressing or if something is troubling you that you reach out for support.

There are a number of different support services available at Glasgow Caledonian University.
If you need to talk to someone and are a student at the Glasgow campus, the Student Wellbeing Service offers confidential help to students.  If you are a student at GCU London, the  GCU London Student Wellbeing, Counselling and Disabilities service also offer confidential support. 
Students and staff at both campuses can also access support through Togetherall (which is a 24/7 support resource available), or explore self-help resources which have been complied by the Student Wellbeing Service for you.  

Urgent Help

Are you in immediate danger? If you are in immediate danger or seriously injured, you can contact the emergency services on 999 (or 112 from a mobile phone).

Find a safe space.  If an incident has just happened try and find somewhere you feel safe. 

Please note that the services provided by Glasgow Caledonian University, and this report and support system, are not intended to provide urgent crisis support. If you have thoughts of harming yourself or you feel you are at risk of harming others then you need to:

Phone or visit your GP as soon as possible to tell them how you are feeling. To find your local GP, please follow this link.
If your GP surgery is closed, call NHS 24 on 111
OR you can contact

Making a Report

You may wish to submit a report to Glasgow Caledonian University about your experience using this platform. By reporting an incident you experience or witness, you could prevent something similar from happening to someone else. 

If you’ve been subjected to or have witnessed any form of inappropriate or offensive behaviour, there are two types of reports you can make through Report and Support. You can choose to tell us either anonymously, or by including your name and contact details.
Please note should you decide to submit a report, the Report and Support platform is not designed to receive urgent reports. If you need immediate support or feel in crisis, we have listed several support and emergency services contact details on the GCU Wellbeing webpages you may find helpful.

If you do choose to submit a report in Report and Support and supply your details you will be contacted by an advisor who will be able to support you in understanding what the next steps you'd like to take may be - this could include giving you information of specialist support for your experience, or exploring the University Complaints Process

Find out more about reporting at the report section of this platform. 

There are two ways you can tell us what happened